- Do you have a DREAM to be owner business ?
- Are you BORED an office-working now ?
- Do you hate to be controlled by employer and you cannot use your CREATIVITY ?
Entrepreneur is an answer !
In this century, it is time for new generation who want to be an entrepreneur like you, right?
According to Williams (2015), he claims that there are continuously increasing of start-up businesses in the UK from 484,224 recorded in 2012 to 581,173 recorded in 2014.
Figure1: show the record of the UK start-up businesses
which register at Companies House in 2014
The first question for starter is “I don’t have a lot of money, how will I create a effective marketing campaign as big companies?”
I proud to present “GUERRILLA MARKETING”
Conrad (2006) asserts that
Guerrilla Marketing is a form of marketing that uses creativity, effort, energy and time with a low (even no) marketing budget. The key objective of Guerrilla Marketing is to develop a relationship with potential clients, and consistently communicating with them.
Guerrilla Marketing is a chance to start a small business because it use a low cost and the key point of this method is to communicate with your customers and make them to be impressive with your creative work.
Let me show you of marvellous examples.
1. i’m lovin’ it crosswalk
2. WWF save the paper, save the planet
3. AXE -running
4. Have a break, Have a KitKat.
5. FedEx is always faster than DHL.
Do you have any creative IDEA ?
If not, watch more one video of example.
The happiness Coca-Cola seller machine.
What did you see ?
- POPS UP
- ACTIVE MEDIA
Yeah.. That is why Guerrilla Marketing has an effectiveness. Marketers can send the massages of their company, to PR new product, to communicate value preposition of company, to engage with their customers, etc. Then, customers received their messages, they felt have fun, attractiveness, realise and understand what messages mean, and have a engagement that lead to memorise the products or brands and buy it finally.
You are interested in this approach now, aren’t you?
So, next question is “How to create the successful guerrilla marketing campaign ?”
- Remember that Guerrilla marketing is NOT traditional advertising.
– Forget the old traditional media such as TV, Magazine. You have to spend a lot of money while it is not worth for investment, particularly it has not an engagement.
- Think clearly what your message sending to your customer is.
– If you don’t know what you want to say, you will not know what you want to do. Then, your customers will also not understand your campaign.
- Focus on building a customer relationship.
– Do you remember the key role of guerrilla marketing ? It is to build a relationship with customers. Then they will think of your products and follow your brand. So, sending the message to their mind and heart.
- Think big and small, then DO IT.
– Don’t limit your idea, think of it in many ways and do it to be reality. Every idea is useless if you don’t start to do it!
Last question is now you know the tool to help you success in your business, WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? MAKING YOUR DREAM IN REALITY NOW!
- Arts, M. (2010), 100+ guerrilla marketing examples in 5 mins. Available from: http://www.slideshare.net/arts118/100-guerrilla-marketing-examples?next_slideshow=1 [Accessed 27 October 2015].
- Business Insider. (2010), How to Pull Off a Guerrilla Marketing Campaign. Available from: http://www.entrepreneur.com/article/206202
[Accessed 27 October 2015].
- Conrad, J. (2006). What is Guerrilla Marketing?. London: Piatkus.
- Sabha, M. (2013), 7tips for launching a successful guerrilla marketing campaign. Available from: http://www.wamda.com/2013/10/tips-guerilla-marketing-campaign-startups [Accessed 27 October 2015].
- Williams, H. (2015), Start-up business record smashed in 2014. Available from: http://startups.co.uk/start-up-business-record-smashed-in-2014/ [Accessed 27 October 2015].
- Figure1, available from: http://startups.co.uk/start-up-business-record-smashed-in-2014/ [Accessed 27 October 2015].
- Figure2, available from: http://www.guerrillafreelancing.com/guerrilla-marketing-examples/ [Accessed 27 October 2015].
- Figure3, available from: http://indulgy.com/post/Z4kVTTXJS1/wwf-save-paper-save-the-planet-guerilla-marketin [Accessed 27 October 2015].
- Figure4, available from: http://www.creativeguerrillamarketing.com/
guerrilla-marketing/18-of-the-most-memorable-guerrilla-marketing-campaigns/ [Accessed 27 October 2015].
- Figure5, available from: http://www.creativeguerrillamarketing.com/
guerrilla-marketing/15-clever-bench-guerrilla-marketing-examples/ [Accessed 27 October 2015].
- Figure6, available from: http://www.growthmediainc.com/utilizing-creative-marketing-ideas/ [Accessed 27 October 2015].
- Video1, available from: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_
continue=87&v=lqT_dPApj9U [Accessed 27 October 2015].